We are IIT Madras alumni determined to help it become a world class research institution.
What is the IIT Madras Foundation?
IIT Madras Foundation is a fundraising platform to support IIT Madras’ drive towards global excellence in engineering education and research. It is an IRS approved tax-exempt 501(c)3 non-profit entity established and managed by volunteer IITM alumni to primarily raise endowment funds for IIT Madras from alumni, corporations and foundations in the United States.
Our near term goal is to raise $100 million in endowment funds to meet the IIT Madras 2020 Strategic Plan goals set by Director Bhaskar Ramamurthi.
Meet the team
The Board members
Major Gift Committee
The IIT Madras Foundation is run by alumni who volunteer their time and work closely with IIT Madras and the IIT Madras Alumni Association of North America.
What is the 2020 strategic plan goal?
The 2020 Strategic Plan calls for IIT Madras to be recognized among the Global Top 50 technological institutes in all disciplines through excellence in Research & Education, and to become India’s leading institution to positively address societal challenges by developing transformational technological solutions in water, energy, housing, healthcare and education.
How will IIT Madras meet this goal by 2020?
- Emphasizing research at all levels starting from undergraduates to post graduates
- Changing the mix of PhD to B. Tech. from current 60% to 80%
- Increasing levels of scholarly publications from current 1100 to 2100
- Achieving a PhD graduation rate of 0.8 per faculty member
- Increasing research revenues from current $50M to $100M annually
- Establishing globally recognized Centers of Excellence to carry out best-in-class research that addresses the technology needs of the nation from current 16 to 25
- Incubating 20 startups annually in the Incubation Cell and creating a few “blockbusters”
IRS Approval for 501 c(3) Status – Download
Foundation Bylaws – Download
Investment Policy Statement – Download